Dancing is like dreaming with your feet:
Looking back on 2017, what do you know and see? What was most significant about last year? What insights did you gain from your success and/or failure? What did you accomplish and achieve? Are you willing to set yourself free from 2017? Are you are ready for a new beginning? The less you hold on to from the past the more you will spring forward! Closing out the past year is a review to reflect and release 2017 and have maximum energy in 2018!
Dance outside the lines means stepping out of your box of boundaries and getting out of your way! As a child, were you taught to paint the sky blue, the grass green and trees with leaves? While painting or coloring did you follow directions, stay inside the lines, and avoid coloring outside the lines? Imagine stepping into the beyond and into a new you!
Draw a line down the center of your paper, Word document or phone device. List your responses for 2017 on the left and goals and possibilities for 2018 on the right.
- List of all the things that you are grateful for in 2017. As you write, fill your mind and heart with appreciation and gratitude.
- What would you like to release in 2017? You may want to let go of experiences, patterns, pain, thoughts, feelings, emotions such as anger, abandonment, sadness, fear, & rage, unhealthy habits, memories, relationships, etc..
- List your dreams for 2018. What will you create in the New Year? How can you fill your life with joy and laughter, health and happiness? What are your financial, health, wellness, exercise, work, career, relationship, and family goals?
- Be creative and brainstorm changes, experiences and new ways of being for 2018. Creative expression reaches into the window of the past, to know and see the future! Some favorites are: dancing, walking, working out, sharing thoughts and feelings, writing, theater, journaling, making art, painting, watercolors, clay, building, inventing, doing what you do differently, cooking, baking cookies, being creative and having fun.
- List your personal growth intentions for the New Year. You know and as awareness have the ability to shift into deeper levels. What ways will you evolve? How will you love and nurture you?
Relax, and Be Open and Soft In Your Heart! As you write your lists here are some suggestions:
Be quiet and relax into the deeper, inner you. While being present take a moment for you. Enjoy being in your body. Be aware of the sensory experiences of where you are, what you are listening to, seeing, feeling, tasting, and smelling. Be okay with everything as is. Be with your thoughts, feelings and physical sensations. Let go and release pent up energy, tightness, & stress in your body, mind, heart and soul. Relax into your heart.. Be open and soft in your heart. Love you.
Renewal happens when you let it in with an openness and willingness of heart. Enjoy dancing your dreams in 2018!
“The greatest gift that I know is to follow what I know with courage confidence and trust.” Following one’s passion means being fearless, having faith and creative intelligence, an awesome combination for living life to the fullest! Passion comes from a zest and vigor for loving oneself and a willingness to pay the price!
Arielle’s new book: Dancing with your story from the inside out, Richter Publishers available on Amazon.com. Arielle is an author, professional counselor, inspirational speaker, dance and Certified Essentrics instructor and Facilitator of the Goddess Gatherings of Tampa Bay. Arielle has a Masters of Arts in Counselor Education, and a Masters in Educational Leadership
She has studied philosophy at the College of Integrated Philosophy with John DeRuiter. Arielle has been a featured guest on radio and television, in newspapers, and the media across the US and Canada.
Contact Arielle for a Counseling session, Essentrics consultation, Dance, Classes and Workshops. Website: www.dancingfromtheinsideout.com Email: email@example.com Phone contact: 813-545-7173