Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!
Looking back on 2016, what do you see? What do you remember the most about last year? What would you like to let go of and release? What goals did you achieve? . Imagine that all that you are carrying in your mind, body and spirit is being released about 2016. Are you are ready for a new beginning? The less you hold on to from the past the more you will spring forward! Closing out the past year is a review, a simple process to release 2016 and have maximum energy in 2017!
Brainstorming is a process that allows you to think outside of our own box! Write down your answers to the following questions. Be honest and really tell the truth as you write your answers to the following questions.
Draw a line down the center of your paper, Word document or phone device. List your responses for 2016 on the left and for 2017 on the right.
- List of all the things that you are grateful for in 2016. What were your accomplishments and achievements?
- What would you like to leave behind in 2016 such as patterns, pain, thoughts, feelings, unhealthy habits, memories, relationships etc.?
- List your dreams for 2017. What would you like to create and embrace for the New Year? What do you want to look forward to and enjoy? What new skills would you like to learn? What would you like to do? Where would you like to go? What are your financial, health, wellness, work, career, relationship, and family goals?
- Be creative and brainstorm changes, experiences and new ways of being for 2017.
- List your goals for this new year. What would you like to accomplish? What would you like to become? What ways do you want to evolve and grow as a person and in your professional life?
Relax and be open and soft in your heart with yourself. Being present means experiencing now. A sensory experience is where you are, what you are listening to, seeing, feeling, tasting, and smelling in the moment. Review your list from last year. Let yourself experience your thoughts and feelings and physical sensations. Set yourself free from past emotions, thoughts, feelings, memories, and positive and negative experiences. Let go and release pent up energy held in your body, mind, heart and your soul. Release the past events and/or experiences. Letting go can be a process or a moment. Creative expression reaches into the window of the past, to know and see the future! Some favorites are: dancing, walking, working out, sharing thoughts and feelings, writing, theater, journaling, making art, painting, watercolors, clay, building, inventing, doing what you do differently, cooking, baking cookies, being creative and having fun.
Renewal happens when you let it, get out of your own way, and openness of heart to be new in the New Year. Enjoy the process of dancing your dreams in 2017!